Prep time: 10 minutes
About this recipe
Shop this recipe:
- 120g Brown rice
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 160g Aubergine, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 head of Broccoli, stalks cut into cubes and florets cut into 3cm pieces
- 160g Spring onions, roughly chopped (some reserved for garnish)
- 5 Radishes, finely chopped
For the satay sauce
- 1 tbsp Peanut butter
- 1 tbsp Tamari (gluten free alternative)
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 100ml full fat Coconut milk
Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan).
Cook the rice as per the packet instructions, then drain and set aside.
Put the aubergine and broccoli stalks onto a baking tray and drizzle with the sesame oil. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until the stalks have softened.
Add the broccoli florets and spring onions and toss to coat in the oil, then return to the oven for another 15-20 minutes, or until the florets are cooked through.
Meanwhile, combine the satay sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
To serve, divide the rice between two bowls, top with the roasted vegetables and radishes, and finish with the satay sauce and a handful of chopped spring onion.
Cook time: 40 minutes