About this recipe
Shop this recipe:
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Spring onions, roughly chopped
- 160g Leek, cut into 1cm rounds
- 1 large Garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp Chilli flakes - more or less to taste
- 150ml White wine (optional)
- 1 tbsp Tomato puree
- 400ml Vegetable stock
- 1 tin White beans, rinsed and drained
- 160g Cavolo nero, washed and roughly chopped
- 30g Parmesan, grated – plus the rind (or dairy/vegan alternative)
- Handful of parsley, chopped
Heat the olive oil in a casserole dish. Once hot, add the spring onion and leeks and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until starting to soften. Add the garlic, chilli flakes, the parmesan rind (if you have it) and a big pinch of salt and pepper and cook for a further 3 minutes, until fragrant.
Add the wine, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced by half. Add the tomato puree and stir to combine.
Pour in the stock, beans and cavolo nero and bring to a simmer, then cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
Turn off the heat and stir through the chopped parsley. Divide between two bowls and sprinkle with the grated parmesan to serve.