On the podcast this week I talk to none other than Joe Wicks aka The Body Coach about how you keep motivated when you are trying to live a healthy style, particularly when you are trying to make a positive change.
I’m sure a lot of you are aware of Joe – he’s sold over 3m books across the world and his highly engaging, motivating videos are an absolute smash on social media.
In this episode we talk about motivation – and Joe’s the perfect person to ask.
We cover the following:
- We hear all about Joe’s story and The Bodycoach journey
- Routine – one of the best ways to maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Meal planning – and how this can help with your daily meals
- Prioritising sleep – the best way to maintain your energy levels during the day
- Mini bursts of exercise and how encouraging these can be
- Limit your social media – concentrate on your personal goals
- Forgive yourself when you are lacking motivation
An extract from my conversation with Joe:
‘Nothing I can do or say can truly motivate you to do something – you have to take action. It’s the action of getting up and just doing your exercise, that’s what’s going to motivate you, that’s what’s going to give you the sense of achievement and keep you on track. People are constantly asking me – what can I do differently. But ultimately you have to just get up and just do’
I really hope you enjoyed the podcast with Joe as much as I did – I found it fascinating and the insight into his life was very candid.
We all have good days and bad days when it comes to motivation and the best piece of advice I can give you is to forgive yourself when you don’t have the motivation or enjoy that occasional treat. Enjoy the moments where you don’t do a healthy activity and you can always get back on track the next day.