About this recipe
- 160g Celery, finely chopped (saving any leaves for later)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 can White beans, rinsed and drained
- 450ml Veg stock
- 160g Asparagus, finely chopped
For the garlic herb oil:
- 10g Parsley, finely chopped
- 10g Mint, finely chopped
- 10g Basil, finely chopped
- 1 large Clove of garlic, grated
- 2-3 tbsp Olive oil
Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a deep casserole dish or saucepan. Add the celery and cook for 5 minutes, or until softened.
Add the beans with a pinch of salt and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Add the vegetable stock, bring to a gentle simmer, and cook for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, put the chopped parsley, mint and basil in a small bowl with the grated garlic and olive oil. Stir to combine, adding a little more olive oil if needed. Set aside.
Add the chopped asparagus to the pan and simmer for 2 minutes, or until a vibrant green and just cooked through.
Serve the stew across two bowls and drizzle the garlic herb oil on top.