In light of the current Coronavirus pandemic – we thought it was a good time for us to re-release a fantastic podcast that we recorded with Immunologist – Dr Jenna Macciochi, who specialises in understanding how nutrition and lifestyle interact with the immune system in health and disease.
There’s a lot of information around at the moment concerning our immune health and we thought it would be a great opportunity to remind people just how incredible our bodies are and what we can all do to help ourselves stay well at this time.
The topics that we covered on the Instagram live are still very much current today, with isolation, social distancing and trying to limit any contact all key areas for us all to be focusing on and prioritising right now.
In this episode, we talk about what immune health actually means and where it comes from
- What is immunity?
- Where does immunity work?
- How it’s not as simple as eating to BOOST Immunity
- What defines a robust immune system
- Foods to support immunity
- Lifestyle practices to support Immune health
- Vitamin D and it’s impact on Immune health
- Autoimmune disease and support
- Clock genes and Sleep Hygiene
- Is suppressing fever beneficial?
- Mitochondrial function and support
Do take some time to listen to this episode in full – there’s a wealth of information being shared by the very knowledgeable Dr Jenna and you will find it super interesting, there’s something for everyone on this podcast.
And you absolutely must check out Jenna’s new book – ‘Immunity – The Science of Staying Well’ by clicking on this link here – this is a fantastic resource for anyone wanting to understand their immune health in greater detail – it’s definitely well worth a read and covers a lot of great content that we didn’t have the time to talk through on the podcast too.