My guest today is Dr Rudrani Banik MD, an award-winning Associate Professor of Ophthalmology at Mount Sinai Icahn School of Medicine who also serves as principal investigator for 5 multi-centered clinical trials in neuro-ophthalmology. Dr. Banik is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s Exam Development Committee and helps to set the standards for board certification in her field. She is sought out as an expert in the media and has been featured in The New York Times, Good Morning America, CBS Evening.
She applies principles of complementary and alternative medicine in conjunction with traditional medical approaches to treat chronic diseases affecting the visual system. She offers a unique approach to managing conditions such as dry eye, macular degeneration, blepharitis, migraine, multiple sclerosis, myasthenia gravis, thyroid eye disease, uveitis, and other autoimmune conditions. She is also the founder of Envision Health NYC, a private practice based in New York City.
On today’s podcast we talk about:
- How does nutrition affect health?
- What are the best foods for eye health and how do they impact the visual system
- What foods can help protect against cataracts/macular degeneration/glaucoma?
- Beyond food, what supplements/herbs should you take for your vision?
- Prevention and slowing of the commonest causes of blindness
- So how do we reduce symptoms of digital eye strain?
- Is there a connection between nutrition and dry eyes?
- What can you do to protect children’s vision?
- Actionable tips to protect our eyes with food and lifestyle
All other social media links are noted here below.