About this recipe
Shop this recipe:
- 1 Wholegrain pitta, ripped into bitesize pieces (or free from alternative)
- 3 tbsp Good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 160g Spinach, chopped
- 160g Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 160g Cucumber, cut into 1cm chunks
- 1 tsp Zaatar
- Handful of mint, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Pomegranate molasses
- Seeds of half a pomegranate
Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan) and place the ripped pitta bread pieces on a baking tray. Drizzle over 1 tbsp of olive oil and a big pinch of salt, then toss to coat evenly in the oil. Bake for 6-8 minutes, flipping half way, or until lightly toasted. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, mix together the spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, zaatar and mint and toss to combine.
Put the pomegranate molasses in a small bowl with the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil and a big pinch of salt and pepper and stir to combine. Pour over the salad, add the pitta bread pieces and toss to coat in the dressing.
Divide between two bowls, and top with the pomegranate seeds.