In this episode I invite fellow doctor and friend Dr Anita Mitra – a Gynaecologist – onto the Podcast to talk about eating for PCOS and Women’s health.
Dr Mitra is very experienced in her field and is delighted to share some information with me on the very common topic of PCOS.
We talk in detail about
- What PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) actually is,
- Some common symptoms
- Where on the NHS website you can find even more detailed information
- Diet and PCOS
- Small changes to lifestyle and the potential benefits
- Yoga and PCOS
- Foods for PCOS
- Effects of carbohydrates and processed foods on symptoms
- Lifestyle tips for womens’ health more generally
- Relaxation techniques
Of course, it goes without saying that if you do think you are suffering from this condition then please contact your GP in the first instance. Work with your doctor and or a nutritionist who will be best placed to give you specific advice.
In summary – some areas worth considering for those facing this condition are diet and lifestyle ie focusing on nutrient dense ingredients, eating more fruits and vegetables and lowering consumption of processed foods and high sugar foods and also looking at some simple and easy lifestyle changes that can be implemented.