On the show today we are talking about eating for fertility with Dr Harriet Holme, a Registered Nutritionist (with the AfN) and experienced paediatrician in the NHS. After studying at Cambridge University, Dr Harriet worked in the NHS for over a decade, specialising in paediatric oncology. It’s this experience that gives nutrition advocates like myself and Harriet a unique perspective of the landscape and the interplay between nutrition and medicine.
Dr Harriet has authored two books ‘Eating During Pregnancy‘, that she wrote to provide mums to be with credible information on pregnancy nutrition and ‘Postpartum Nutrition: An Expert’s Guide to Eating After a Baby’, to support new mums, and their journey through motherhood and weaning. Dr Harriet also has a number of virtual courses on nutrition on her website https://healthyeatingdr.com, the links to which are on the podcast show notes.
These are topics that I’m asked about a lot for the podcast so I’m delighted that Dr Harriet was able to talk with us and share her knowledge and experience with you all. On the show we talk about foods and supplements that may support your fertility
- Carbohydrates and the types that are more beneficial
- The importance of male fertility, sperm nourishment and lifestyle
- Dairy and soy and there links with fertility
- Fats and the importance of omega 3
- The environmental impact on fertility with a particular focus on pesticides and pollution
- Alcohol and supplements that you may want to consider