About this recipe
This recipe works really well as a vegetable side dish or as a main course with puy lentils or quinoa. It’s also really delicious with goat’s cheese or feta to add a little creaminess.
Warm salads are a good alternative when the weather is slightly cooler, but also makes a more substantial main meal in the evenings.
Shop this recipe:
- 10 Baby new potatoes, halved lengthways
- 1 Aubergine, cut on an angle into large chunks
- 1 Courgette, cut on an angle into large chunks
- 1 Red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 Sprigs of thyme, stalks removed and leaves chopped (or 2 tsp dried mixed herbs)
- 1 Tsp chilli flakes
- Plenty of salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 200C fan.
Prepare the vegetables and place all the ingredients apart from the
watercress in a baking tray and mix well.
Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the vegetables are fully cooked. Check the potatoes are tender by putting a knife through them to see if they have softened.
Remove from the oven and arrange the vegetables on a bed of watercress as a warm salad. Making sure you drizzle over any of the juices left in the tray as a delicious dressing for the watercress.