About this recipe
Shop this recipe:
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 large Garlic clove, crushed
- 2 Shallots, diced
- 160g Sweetcorn, frozen or freshly cut from cob
- 160g Leek, diced
- 160g Shiitake, button or king mushrooms, ripped
- 150ml White wine
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 350ml Veg stock
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 large Thyme sprig
- 30g grated Parmesan, plus the rind, or 1 tsp white miso (vegan or dairy free alternative)
- Handful of Tarragon, chopped, or ½ tsp dried
- Handful of Parsley, chopped, or ½ tsp dried
Heat the olive oil in a deep casserole dish or pan. Once hot, add the garlic and shallot and cook for 4 minutes over a medium heat, stirring frequently.
Add the sweetcorn, leek and mushrooms and cook for 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened. Pour in the wine, bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by half.
Add the cornflour, stir to combine, then pour in the stock, along with the bay leaf and thyme and stir again. If using, add the parmesan rind here too, then bring to a gentle simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
Remove from the heat, stir through the grated parmesan or miso and finish with the tarragon and parsley.