Prep time: 45 minutes
About this recipe
I love this delicious crumb on the delicate fish. You can also try it with a Cajun spice blend or garam masala.
You can use red cabbage sauerkraut instead of pickling your own cabbage to save time.
Shop this recipe:
- 60g walnut pieces
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 40g fine wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 2 x 175g skinless white fish fillets (such as cod or haddock)
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 160g frozen peas, defrosted
- 50g lamb’s lettuce
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the pickled red cabbage
- 160g red cabbage (about 1), very thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp honey or sugar
- 50ml boiling water
Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
Put the cabbage in a large bowl. Mix the vinegar with the fennel seeds and honey or sugar and season. Add the boiling water, pour the mixture over the cabbage and toss to combine. Set aside for 30 minutes.
Finely chop most of the walnuts with the dried herbs, chilli flakes and breadcrumbs and season.
Put the fish on a baking tray and press the crumb over the top to coat, drizzle with the oil and bake in the oven for 10–12 minutes, until the crumb is golden and the fish is just cooked and opaque.
Set the peas and lettuce on two plates, top with the cabbage and fish. Scatter with the remaining walnuts and drizzle with oil.
Cook time: 10 minutes