Prep time: 10 minutes
About this recipe
Sometimes, a store-bought jar of pesto or other paste adds all the flavour you need to make a beautifully balanced and speedy meal. I always have jarred flavour enhancers like this to hand.
Try using a different pesto, such as red pepper pesto or even a homemade walnut version if you have time.
Shop this recipe:
- 160g fennel (about 1 small bulb), sliced into thin wedges
- 400g tin flageolet beans, drained and rinsed
- 160g leeks (1 large or 2 small), sliced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 100g fresh basil pesto
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Warm crusty bread (GF alternative)
- 20g hazelnuts, chopped
- 10g fresh basil leaves
Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5.
Toss the fennel, beans and leeks in a roasting tray with the oil, pesto, lemon zest and juice and plenty of salt and pepper.
Roast in the oven for about 30–35 minutes.
Remove from the oven and serve the baked vegetables and beans scattered with chopped hazelnuts and basil leaves, with some warm crusty bread.
Cook time: 35 minutes