My guest on this really fun episode is one of the most knowledgeable nutrition experts in the UK.
He’s written his own book on digestive health, co-authored chapters in textbooks on cardiovascular health and has worked as clinical lead for education in a number of institutions.
We have a chat about plant focused diets, the actual similarities between all dietary strategies available and the bigger picture for most of the population which is to EAT MORE PLANTS.
We talk about:
- Diet types including Paleo, Vegan, Atkins and Mediterranean – and their similarities
- Why diets largely consistent of plants are the healthiest
- Studies that demonstrate protection against major diseases
- Research into Mediterranean diet
- Inclusion of meat in diets
- Is red meat harmful
- What should I be eating?
- Should I become Vegetarian or Vegan for health reasons?
- Inclusion of dairy in diets
- Plant based protein and inclusion in diet
We round up with strategies of how you can get more plants onto your plate, which has a lot of crossover with what we are discussing today