On the show today we have probably one of the best known faces in the culinary industry in the UK today – Prue Leith CBE.
Prue is probably best known for her role as a judge on The Great British Bake Off, but she has such a varied and interesting life.
- She grew up in apartheid South Africa and witnessed her mother struggle in her campaign against the injustice.
- She found her love of food and fashion in Paris
- She’s started a successful restaurant and cookery school business
- She’s led a campaign for contemporary sculpture to be exhibited on the Fourth Plinth in Trafalgar Square
- She’s an author with 8 novels as well as 14 cookery books to her name
- She adopted a child from war torn Cambodia in the 70s
And more more recently has championed better nutrition in schools and become an advisor for the Government’s Hospital Food Review.
A wealth of experience and at 81, there is no stopping her. Her autobiography “Relish” is a must- read and you must watch her documentary with her daughter Li-Da. It’s one of the most touching documentaries I have ever seen.
Please enjoy my conversation with Prue, somebody I’m privileged to call a supporter of my mission to help people eat and live better through food and also a good friend.