On the podcast this week I welcome a returning guest to the show Dr Attam Singh, a Clinical Associate of the London Pain Clinic.
Dr Singh first joined us back in April for one of our COVID 19 special episodes and I’m delighted to have him back on the show today. As a Consultant in Pain Medicine, Dr Singh is very experienced in both the assessment and treatment of pain. Dr Singh specialises in musculoskeletal and neuropathic pain of either single or multiple origin providing a personalised, holistic approach to treat and perform interventional procedures when necessary.
More recently he has become one of the few registered practitioners using the Cannabis plant and its constituents (namely THC and CBD in varying proportions) to treat a variety of conditions and more specifically in his case, Pain.
On the show today we talk about:
- What the cannabis plant is and where we find the useful chemicals
- THC and CBD
- Synthetic vs Natural sources of CBD
- The endocannabinoid system
- The ‘entourage effect’
- The lethality of cannabis compared to other drugs of medicine and recreation
- The complexity of chronic pain patients and why CBD has a role
- The difference between prescription and OTC preparations
- The delivery mechanism of CBD
Disclaimer: This information is for educational purposes only and not to be taken as medical advice. The podcast guest and host always recommend speaking to your medical practitioner before taking any new supplements or products.