In the first episode of the new series, I’m delighted to be joined by Immunologist Dr Jenna Macciochi, who specialises in understanding how nutrition and lifestyle interact with the immune system in health and disease.
As we had so much great content for you guys, we’ve split the talk into two sections and we talk in detail about the following:
You can listen to the podcast episodes here.
- What is immunity?
- Where does immunity work?
- How it’s not as simple as eating to BOOST Immunity
- What defines a robust immune system
- Foods to support immunity
- Lifestyle practices to support Immune health
- Vitamin D and it’s impact on Immune health
- Autoimmune disease and support
- Clock genes and Sleep Hygiene
- Is suppressing fever beneficial?
- Mitochondrial function and support
Of course, it goes without saying that if you have any concerns whatsoever about your immune system then please contact your GP in the first instance. Work with your doctor and/or a nutritionist who will be best placed to give you specific advice.
In summary – some areas worth considering to support your immune system are diet and lifestyle ie focusing on nutrient dense ingredients, eating more fruits and vegetables and lowering consumption of processed foods and high sugar foods and also looking at some simple and easy lifestyle changes that can be implemented.
Listen to the episode for more in depth information on eating for Immunity, and try out some of the recipes in my book, on the website and and across social media