I’m delighted to welcome back Professor Robert Thomas to the show.
You may remember we spoke with Prof Robert previously on one of our earlier episodes and I’m thrilled that he could join me again.
Professor Robert Thomas is a Consultant Oncologist at Bedford and Addenbrooke’s
Hospitals, a clinical teacher at Cambridge University and visiting Professor of Sports and
nutritional science at the University of Bedfordshire.
In addition – he is lead of a Lifestyle and Cancer Research Unit and is also medical advisor to the website Cancernet.co.uk. Through his amazing work – Prof Robert Thomas has previously been awarded The British Oncology Association’s “Oncologist of the Year” and The Royal College of Radiologist medal.
On the show today we talk about:
- Professor Roberts current experience of COVID on the ward as a consultant
- His latest trial using food supplements and probiotics as an addition to conventional treatment
- The formulation of the product with industry and the issues it may pose
- His experience of conducting the research and comparing that to the POMI-T trials
- Why lifestyle modification and prevention of comorbidities has to be the foundation rather than supplements alone